virtuallori

12/31/05
 
Happy Birthday to Me

Lisa & me
Originally uploaded by virtuallori.

Today is my birthday. Last night, my sister Lisa hosted my 39th annual birthday bash at Merry Arts. It was a fantastic time, full of family and friends and lemon martinis and karaoke and dancing and general silliness. The best kind of party. My sister is a goddess.

Highlights: Tim karaoke-ing "You Can Leave Your Hat On" with me & Daniella as backup, with Daniella translating the whole thing into French as we went along. The acoustic "Happy Birthday" seranade by Donnie, whose name is not Phil. Uncle Ken doing the chicken dance. Larry agreeing to do karaoke with me, even though the DJ was packing up by the time we decided on a song. Mom's lemon cake, the first of two I'll have this birthday. So many incredible people all in the same place at the same time. As Daniella put it, "It was wonderful to feel the good vibration in the room."

Big thank yous to those who celebrated with me. It just keeps getting better every year.

See the rest of the photos on Flickr.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger